Eating your greens gives you energy and helps everything in the body move along. Changing it up keeps this meal satisfying without that post-meal grogginess.
- Greens. Go for romaine, spinach, arugula, mesclun, etc. Rule of thumb: opt for rich color over the white, iceberg alternative
- Veggies. Pick your favorites. Cucumber, tomatoes, mushrooms, red or orange pepper, shredded cabbage, red onion, carrots, celery
- Protein. Today it’s sliced turkey
- Fat. 1/4 avocado
- 6 walnuts and 6 almonds
- 1 tbsp. hummus
- Light honey mustard dressing. On the side. We tend to use less when dip our fork before taking a bite or drizzle lightly instead of drowning our poor veggies.
- If you have an easy place nearby to grab a salad for lunch, use this as a guide for ordering. If you need to pack lunch, try making your salads the night before, while you’re making dinner. That way you’re already in prep mode with one less thing to do as you’re running out the door in the morning.